A R R Charitable Trust is a non-profit charitable and educational trust that was incorporated by a family of visionaries dedicated to the cause of Education & Philanthropy. The Trust was registered at Chennai under the Indian Trust Act 1882 The Trust received consent from the Government of Tamil Nadu to establish a University named Sri Venkateswaraa University to impart multi-disciplinary education and research programs in the State of Tamil Nadu The Trustees of ARR Charitable Trust have rich experience in setting up and managing a well established Medical College & Hospital in Pondicherry with high class facilities and services in all specialities with state of the art equipments and infrastructure. This caters to the poor people with free treatment and free diet. The College offers MBBS, MD, MS, BDS, MDS, Nursing and Paramedical courses. The trustees have expertise not only in medical and allied health education but also in delivering technology education through their Engineering college at Pondicherry.
The broad and futuristic vision of the promoting body has been to create the infrastructure and mobilize the resources that will build a true knowledge destination in the fields of Medical Science, Engineering, Liberal Arts, Applied Sciences, Agriculture & Horticulture, Law and Management.
The Trust dedicates itself:
• To develop a world-class educational campus that allows knowledge sharing and collaboration across disciplines.
• To develop Schools of excellence in Medicine, Applied Science, Technology, Liberal Arts, Law, Agriculture and Management
• To improve the Economy of the State by way of investments from outside State & International students, start-ups by passed out students, medical tourism and multiple employments in academic, non academic, technical and non technical areas.
• To establish centres of repute in innovation and research.
• To uplift the needy and underprivileged to the mainstream stratum by providing adequate self supporting mechanisms